March 3, 2015
LOCAL employment resource for New York's Columbia County: Jobs
in Ancram - Austerlitz - Canaan - Chatham - Claverack - Clermont - Copake
- Gallatin - Germantown - Ghent - Greenport - Hillsdale - Hudson - Kinderhook
- Livingston - New Lebanon - Philmont - Stockport - Stuyvesant - Taghkanic
~ JOB LISTINGS ~
Erie Insurance Group is seeking sales and service driven Agent Representatives in the Hudson Valley in New York State.
To learn more about agent appointment opportunities send your resume to Sandra.Torres@erieinsurance.com or call 914-216-8016. Visit BecomeanErieAgent.com.
Consistently over 90%, our personal lines customer retention ratio is the envy of the industry!
Learn more about ERIE's awards and recognition.
When you represent Erie Insurance, you become a part of a dedicated group of independent agencies. Whether you're currently a licensed insurance professional, agency owner or interested in entering the insurance business, find out what ERIE can offer you. With your agency appointment you can:
• Own your book of business
• Market and sell ERIE's competitive auto, home, business and life insurance products.
• Have an opportunity to realize your income potential through a competitive compensation structure.
• Have access to a support team of ERIE employees, including local sales managers, dedicated underwriters, loss control representatives and claims professionals. See what ERIE Customers have to say about ERIE's claims service.
What else you get with ERIE:
• Open communication – Access to all levels of employees, from your dedicated underwriters to executive management.
• Broad earnings potential – Earn a competitive commission and supplement your income with bonus opportunities.
• Financial assistance – Access to opportunities for support to help grow your agency with ERIE. Read more about the financial assistance program.
• History of high retention – Work with a company that cares about Customer satisfaction. At 91.5 percent, our personal lines retention ratio is the envy of the industry.
• Professional development programs – Boost your knowledge with educational programs in the field, at our Home Office and online. Learn more about the training opportunities.
• Marketing and sales support – Access a full array of free or low cost promotional materials and marketing programs that can be customized for your agency, plus guidance from your local sales team.
Direct Care Staff
Direct Care Staff at our Berkshire Meadows program work with our students to teach them the skills they need for lifelong success. This includes vocational skills, academic skills, stress management skills, and competency skills. Residential counselors also work with our students to help them experience fun.
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience with children or adolescents in a residential or educational setting.
Acceptable CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) background check required.
Maintain a valid driver’s license and ability to operate a passenger van.
Available to work evenings, holidays, weekend shifts as necessary.
• 7AM – 3PM
• 3PM – 11PM
• 11 PM – 7AM
Enjoy a positive workplace with opportunities for advancement.
Eligible employees can take advantage of an excellent benefits package including
• Company sponsored pension plan
• Tuition Reimbursement, etc…
• Fax your resume to Keelin at 413-528-0293
• Apply in person at 249 North Plain Road (Rt. 41), Housatonic, Mass.
• Email: email@example.com
** Sign on now and have near perfect attendance for 6 months and receive a 32 inch TV. **
View the full job announcement here.
Unique opportunity for self-driven individual with horticulture knowledge in premier established garden center. Seasonal position, weekends required. Cash register, plant care, customer service. Please call Callander’s Nursery at 518-392-4540, Ext. 4. Leave message. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted 2/4.
Geriatric Home Aid
Part-time position to assist 94-year old man with daily living.
Elder is a 195 pound European man who walks with cane, is mainly incontinent, has moderate senile dementia which manifests as more acute anxiety and paranoia on some days rather than others. He is caring, loving and funny, enjoys animals and people very much. Elder has lots of family and friends in the vicinity. 87 year old female spouse lives at home, and housekeeper is often in attendance as well.
- assist with getting out of bed, toilet, personal hygiene, and dressing
- prepare, serve and clean up meals;
- light exercise -- walking, stretching, breathing;
- engage in conversation and keep company; elder enjoys music, conversation, evening news, and sometimes audiobooks
- daily medicines
- assist with getting undressed and washed for bed in evenings
- communicate w/family about well-being and deterioration;
- housekeeping related to client care: keeping bathroom, floors and bedroom clean (esp. after incontinence accidents), towels, bedding and clothes should be washed daily,
- make sure all in order before transition
- general assistance.
Hours and Pay:
- Every other weekend. Friday 5pm to Sunday 5pm with overnight.
- $18-$20 per hour depending on experience
- Position requires patience, motivation, kindness and insistence.
- Creativity on ways to maintain client's cognition and physical strength.
- Reliability and punctuality are essential.
- Reporting to spouse.
To apply, email: email@example.com.
Livingston Hills Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is currently seeking qualified individuals for the following positions at our facility located on Route 9 in the Town of Livingston (10 miles north of Red Hook, 7 miles south of Hudson):
• CNA, part-time, all shifts
• RN positions, full time; $1000 sign-on bonus
• Receptionist — per diem. Must be flexible to be able to cover all shifts for call-ins
8-hour and 12-hour nursing shifts available
Livingston Hills offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, and a pleasant work atmosphere. Come join our team!
To apply, fill out an application at Livingston Hills Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2781 Route 9, Livingston, NY, fax resume to 518-851-5193, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on available positions, please call: 518-851-3041. Posted 2/9.
Management. We're looking for self-motivated, hard-working, career-oriented individuals for Management Positions in the food service industry. You will receive an excellent starting salary of up to $40,000 plus performance bonuses, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, retirement plan, and an annual paid vacation (two to six weeks depending on length of service). Prior fast food management experience is required. If you are responsible, reliable, and capable of leading a team at McDonald's locations in the Hudson Valley Region, then we want to talk to you. High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. College a plus. McDonald's is the leading global foodservice retailer with more than 35,000 local restaurants serving around 68 million people in 119 countries each day. Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more, e-mail: Job1007@ColumbiaCountyJobs.Com. Posted 1/28.
Night Warehouse Associates
Competitive Starting Wage
• Annual boot allowance.
• Paid training provided by dedicated training staff.
• Automated voice pick system to assist with job duties.
• Health, Dental, and Vision coverage available after 90 days of employment.
• 401k plan with company match.
• Employer-paid life insurance plan.
• Paid Time Off.
Vacation – 40 hours after one year / 80 hours after two years
Sick – 40 hours per year
Personal – 32 hours per year
Holidays – 6 paid per year
• Employee Discount in Ginsberg’s Market.
• Must have a high school diploma or a G.E.D.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
How to Apply
• Visit www.ginsbergs.com and complete the Employment Application.
• Send the completed application to Ginsberg’s Foods via...
Regular Mail: P.O. Box 17, Hudson, New York 12534
• Apply in person at 29 Ginsberg Lane, Hudson, New York
• Deadline to apply is March 15, 2015
Ginsberg’s Foods is a 105 year old family owned and operated foodservice distributor based in Hudson, New York. Ginsberg’s Foods is the largest independently owned foodservice distributor in New York’s Hudson Valley and we presently make deliveries to 40+ counties in 6 different states.
Pine Haven is a 120-bed skilled nursing facility owned and operated by Columbia County and licensed by the New York State Department of Health. We are located in Philmont, NY on Route 217 approx. one mile from the Taconic State Pkwy and 20 minutes from Hudson and Great Barrington, Mass.
We currently have openings for:
• Full-Time RN Supervisor, split shift: 11 pm-7 am / 7 am-3 pm including EOW. $62,661.00/year
• Full-Time RN Unit Manager, 7 am – 3 pm including EOW. $60,185/year
• Full-Time RN Admission Screener, Monday - Friday. $56,062/year
• Full-Time LPN, 3 pm – 11 pm including EOW. $49,465/year
• Part-Time RN Supervisor, 3 pm-11 pm including EOW OR 11 pm-7 am including EOW. $30.00/hour
• Part-Time LPN, 11 pm – 7 am including EOW. $23.69/hour
• Part-Time Certified Nurse Aides, 3 pm-11 pm including EOW. $14.43/hour
• Part-Time Certified Nurse Aides, 11 pm-7 am including EOW. $14.43/hour
• Part-Time Housekeeping / Attendant, 7 am - 3 pm. $13.43/hour
We offer competitive pay, direct deposit, every other weekend off, part-time bonus, longevity, health benefits, NYS retirement and a generous paid time off package.
Fax your resume today to 518-672-4721 or email: Courtney.Tamburro@columbiacountyny.com
Applications available at 201 Main St., Philmont, NY 12565.
Keyword list of selected area businesses and employers: Ackerman's TV & Appliances | ADM Milling Company | Advance Auto Parts | Affordable Self Storage | ALDI Supermarkets | Alderwood Land Improvement | All Aboard Travel | Altomer Excavation | American Bio Medica Corp. | America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses | Arenskjold Antiques | Arnoff Moving & Storage | Art Omi | Arthur Lee of Red Rock | Aubergine Restaurant | Aubuchon Hardware | AutoZone | BAC Sales, Inc. | Bagel Tyme | Bank of America | The Bank of Greene County | Barns & Farms Realty | Ben Funk Inc. | Berkshire Farm Center & Services For Youth | Berkshire Homestyle Magazine | Berkshire Meadows | Berkshire Telephone Corp. | Beth’s Farm Kitchen | Bill Burka Electrical Contractor | Blue Spruce Inn & Suites | The Berry Farm | The Bostwick Group | Botanicus, Inc. | Bridges Restaurant | Brien Center | Brookwood Residential Center | Callander's Nursery Garden Center | Camp Pontiac | Camphill Foundation | Camphill Village USA | Canaan General Store | Cantele's Car Wash | Cantele Tent Rentals | Canyon Ranch (Lenox) | Capital District Physician’s Health Plan (CDPHP) | Carmelite Sisters (Germantown) | Carmen Barbato Inc. | Carrols Corporation (Burger King) | Carter Opticians | Cascades Cafe | Castle Street Cafe (Great Barrington) | Catamount Ski Area | Certified Marketing Services | Champion Billiards | Charleston Restaurant | Charter Communications (Chatham) | The Citizen Magazine | Claverack Pump Service | Clear Channel Communications | Club Helsinki | CMC-Kuhnke | Coach Farm | COARC | Columbia-Greene Community College | Columbia County Airport | Columbia County Chamber of Commerce | Columbia County Department of Health | Columbia County Healthcare Consortium | Columbia Golf & Country Club | Columbia Hudson Partnership | Columbia Land Conservancy | Columbia Memorial Hospital | Columbia Tent Rentals | Combined Insurance | Community Hospice of Columbia-Greene | Copake Auction Inc. | Copake Country Club | Copake General Store | Craftech Industries | Curves for Women | Custom Overhead Doors, Inc. | CVS | Daily Bread (Chatham) | Davis Tractor & Turf, Inc. (John Deere) | DeCrescente Distributing Co. (Gotbeer.com) | Devereux in New York | Dierkes Transportation | Dollar Tree | Dunn Builders Supply | Dutch Treat | Dynabil Industries | Earth Foods Cafe | Eckerd | Ed Herrington, Inc. | Edelman Stone | Eger Brothers Farm Stand | Elm Tree Motel | Emkay Dry Cleaners | Emsig Manufacturing Co. | Excel Physical Therapy | The Executive Connection | F.H. Stickles & Son, Inc. | Face Stockholm Ltd. | Fairpoint Communications | Fairview Cinema | Fairview Cleaners & Laundromat | Fairview Wines & Spirits | Family Dollar | The Farmer's Wife | Fashion Bug | Fingar Insurance | Finnish Line Fitness Centers | First Niagara Bank | First Pioneer Farm Credit | Fisher's OK Rock Shop | Four Brothers Pizza | Friends of Hudson | Furniture Plus | George's Auto & Truck Repair | Germantown Telephone Company | Ghent Playhouse | Ginsberg’s Foods, Inc. | The Grainery (Chatham) | Green River Lumber | Grossman's Bargain Outlet | HAVE, Inc. | Hawthorne Valley Association | Hawthorne Valley Farm Store | Hannaford Supermarkets | Head Hunters Family Haircutters | Herb Schmeichel Electric | Herrington Fuels, Inc. | Hillsdale Country Diner | Hoffman Car Wash & Jiffy Lube | Housing Resources of Columbia County, Inc. | Hudson Area Association Library | Hudson Health & Fitness | Hudson House Antiques | J.H. Viebrock Excavating, Inc. | Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort | John H. Alvarez & Sons, Inc. | Joslen Motor Lodge | K.J.’s Gymnastics, Inc. | Kaaterskill Farm Natural Storehouse | Kaz Incorporated (Hudson) | Keil Equipment Co. | Key Bank | Kinderhook Animal Hospital | Kling Magnetics | Kozel’s Restaurant | Kripalu Yoga Fellowship (Lenox) | Lagonia's Pizza | Lake Taghkanic State Park | LB Furniture Industries, Inc. | Lebanon Valley Auto Racing, Inc. | Lido’s Game Farm | Lippera's Restaurant & Tavern | Local Ocean - Hudson | The Lofgren Agency | Love Apple Farm | Lynk Chiropractic Center | Martindale Chief Diner | M.S. Johnston Bus Co. | The Mac-Haydn Theatre | Madsen Overhead Doors, Inc. | The Main Street Grainery (Chatham) | Majestic Pools and Spas | Manpower, Inc. | Marchese Ford | Mario’s Home Center, Inc. | Maxie's Urban Bistro | Meadowgreens Restaurant & Golf Course | Mental Health Association of Columbia and Greene Counties | Mexican Radio Restaurant | Mill Hill Farm | Mountain Buddies | Mrs. B's Cleaning Service | Muddy Cup Coffee House | National Union Bank of Kinderhook | The Nature Institute | Nero's Heros | Niagara Mohawk | Noecker Buick-Pontiac | Novapak (Philmont) | The Olana Partnership | The Old Chatham Sheepherding Company | Oliver Chevrolet | Open MRI of Hudson | Operation Unite | The Option Institute (Sheffield, Mass.) | Peck & Peck Funeral Homes, Inc. | Peck's Market (Pine Plains) | Peebles Department Store | The Philmont Hearth | Plaza Diner (Greenport) | Price Chopper Supermarket | Pro Printers | Pulcher & Sacco, Inc. | Pumpkin Hollow Foundation | Questar III | Quiznos Sub | Radio Shack | Rapunzel Pure Organics | Rebekah's Salon | RentWay | Resurrection Nursing Home | Red Apple Realty | Richmor Aviation | Ronnybrook Farm | Rosetti Chevrolet | Roxbury Farm | S & F Telecommunications Corp. | Saturn Industries Inc. | Save-A-Lot, Ltd. (Coxsackie) | Schwan's Home Service | Schweitzer-Mauduit (Ancram Mill) | Shaker Meadows | The Shed Man | Silvanus Lodge | Sonoco Crellin Molded Plastics | Serta Mattress Co. | Shop-Rite | Singh Mechanical Co. | Special Needs Program, Inc. | St. Charles Hotel | Sundog Solar (Chatham) | Stageworks Hudson | Stan Martin Ford | STAPLES Store #518 Hudson | Stewart’s Shops | Stissing House | Stissing National Bank | Suburban Energy Services | SunDog Solar at Solaqua | Sweeps Vacuum Cleaners | Swiss Hutte | Taconic DDSO | Taconic Farms, Inc. | Taconic Hills Central School District | Taconic Technology Corp. | Taconic Telephone Corp. | Time and Space Limited | Tierra Farm | Tomm Eaton Real Estate | Tractor Supply Company | Traditions by Pamela Kline | Triform Camphill Community | Trustco Bank | Twin County Medical Associates | Undermountain Golf Course | United Parcel Service | United Way of Columbia & Greene Counties | Universal Forest Products (Hudson) | Valley Oil Company | Van Kleeck’s Tire Service | VantagePoint Realty | Vico Restaurant | Village Dodge | Visions by Rachel Hair Salon | W&B Golf Carts, Inc. | Wal-Mart #2097 | Wasabi Japanese Sushi Restaurant | WellCare Health Plans | Wemple’s Landscaping Service | West Taghkanic Diner | White Stone Cafe | Williams Lumber & Home Centers | Winding Brook Country Club | Wolfe Plumbing & Heating | Xtra Mart | Yorkshire Farms Restaurant | Zacarolli Excavation | Zwack, Inc. | Additional keywords: Accounting | Accounts Payable | Accounts Receivable | Administrative | Administrative Assistant | Automotive Technology | Aviation | Carpenters | Carpentry | Certified Network Engineer | Certified Nursing Assistant | CNA | Clerical | Computer | Construction | Cosmetology | Criminal Justice | Culinary Arts | Customer Service | Data Entry | Driver | Driving | Engineer | Factory | Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) | Human Resources | Licensed Practical Nurse | LPN | Management | Manager | Manufacturing | Marketing | Medical | Nurses | Nursing | Office | Production | Receptionist | Registered Nurse | RN | Retail | Sales | Security | Warehouse | Welding | Work at Home | Job | Jobs | Work | Workers with Disabilities | Supported Employment | VESID | Employment | Openings | Positions | Human Resources | Recruiters | Reviews | Salary | Salaries | Starting Salaries | Directions | Dutchess | Ulster | Kingston | Rennselaer | Albany | Classifieds | Classified Ads | Online | Job Search | Help Wanted Listings in Columbia County and Surrounding Area